Fairly modest losses for the major indices
The major indices are opening in the red but only marginally (and the Dow is now trading above and below the unchanged line).
A snapshot of the major indices is currently showing:
- the S&P index -2.33 points or -0.08% at 3091.50
- The NASDAQ index -21 points or -0.25% at 8461.30
- The Dow is down -3 points or -0.01% at 27780
In the US debt market yields continue to slide with the 10 year yield down -5.8 basis points.
In other markets:
- spot gold is up $4.50 or 0.31% of $1468
- WTI crude oil futures are trading up $0.50 or 0.88% at $57.62. The weekly DOE data will be released at 11 AM ET later this morning with crude oil inventories expected to rise by 1.5M. The private API data last night showed a -0.5M draw.